Adding satellite imagery in QGIS
In QGIS 3 by means of the XYZ Tiles we can add different data sources to our workspace, and the good thing is that it is possible to print later.
Having satellite images from Google Maps, Google Satellite, Bing, Esri, among others, can be very useful for our personal projects and increase our productivity.
To add the XYZ Tile we are going to do the following steps:
- Download and read the script provided by Klas Karlsson
- In QGIS we go to Plugins > Python Console
- In the Python Console, click on the icon Show Editor
- In Show Editor click on Open Script, select the script downloaded in step 1.
- Then click on the Run Script icon.
Once these steps are done in the Browser in XYZ Tiles we have a list of data sources, just click on one to add it, for example: Google Satellite, additionally we can add our own vector or raster layers.